Saturday, January 27, 2024

DIRTY FEET

 This morning my dog and my husband returned from their walk, and my dog's feet had gotten quite dirty from wet dirt/mud along the way.  

It can be helpful to keep a small spray bottle of water and an old rag or towel by the door so you can gently hold each paw and bend it back (like it would move if your dog was walking) and spray it generously with the water to loosen up the dirt.  Then you can more easily wipe it clean without having to press so hard and vigorously on your dog's sensitive feet.  

I know some people keep baby wet wipes by the door for cleaning the paws before coming inside, too.  I have not tried that as I suspect my dog will lick the cleanser off his feet but I know this method works for a lot of people.  

There's also a product (which I don't have) which is like a silicone can with soft silicone spikes inside it.  You put a bit of water or soapy water in it, and one at a time you dunk each paw in there a few times to "scrub" it clean.  I'm curious to try this someday!


No comments:

Post a Comment