Friday, June 17, 2011

Mommy Time

Tonight I was walking one of my three dogs down the street when a neighbor asked why I was only walking just one.  I explained that sometimes I just like to have some one-on-one time with each dog, because (aside from the fact that walking 3 dogs at once is a different experience than walking just one) it helps each dog keep a close bond with me and, I hope, lets each one know how special he or she is to me.

When you have a multi-dog household, keep in mind that they don't always have to do everything as a pack.  It's important to get them each out and train them individually, socialize them, and have that deep bonding time.

I call it "Mommy time".  I want each dog to have a certain amount of individual "Mommy time".  It's good for them, and it's good for me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment